Since my MK1 oil burner is filled with about 15 pounds of aluminum, I have to make a new one (the old one wasn't that good anyway). The new design incorporates a Venturi to suck in oil. Instead of forced air like the last one, it uses compressed air.
The furnace has been built and fired and a frame has been built for it. Now it's time to make some ingots!
Once the furnace had undergone its first firing, I could build a frame for it to support the lid and make it easier to transport. I had a bunch of rebar, so I built the frame out of that. I made it up as I went along - I did not plan it out in advance. I think it turned out quite nicely for completely winging it. It was fun to see the ideas I had in my head take shape.