FireHero 2 is finally here! Exactly a year after the original FireHero, I revisited my most popular creation and revamped it just in time for a live show on New Year's Eve. I took a look at all the comments on the original FireHero, picked the top three issues people talked about and fixed them.
- PLAY THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES.
- Get rid of the damn basketball hoop.
- Increase the spacing between each flamethrower.
The big improvement for me with this version was the addition of an AutoPlay feature. I spent 90% of my time and money on revamping the control systems - leaving much of the plumbing unchanged and recycling many of the systems from the original FireHero. As a result, FireHero is now able to play itself with perfect computer-sequenced precision to ANY guitar hero or rock band chart and any custom MIDI file. This means that I can use the vast database of pre-charted songs built for the popular video game series to produce fire to music - beautifully, quickly, and easily.
Items still on my wish list for the next version, which will be added as soon as I get the money to do so:
- A better ignition system.
- Bigger flames: bigger valves and better plumbing
- Better supply - it goes without saying that I use a lot of propane. I need bigger tanks and a method of keeping the pressure high - whether it's just heating water baths or an industrial propane vaporizer.